Benefits of Enterprise-wide Data Sharing
As identified in the CIC Case Study, a critical success area is the ability to have employees who possess the necessary knowledge and skills to fulfill current and future contracts. There are several areas where a business might need improvement, including: recruiting, hiring best- qualified candidates, tracking employees’ skills, and promoting and retaining employees. Over time, each of these might have its own IT solution. However, you know that if you could combine these into an enterprise-wide system, you would be able to significantly improve the overall business operations.
Begin your analysis by answering these questions:
1) What organizational opportunities are being missed when each HR function (as listed above) has its own “stove piped” data? (Provide an example)
2) What business benefits can a company realize if an enterprise-wide system is implemented? Identify how management will benefit from having additional information available.
3) What types of decisions could be improved if all this information were in one place and easily accessible to HR and managers?
As the Chesapeake IT Consultants Case Study states, the executives and employees have identified a need for an effective and efficient hiring system.
In the Section III of the Business Analysis and System Recommendation Report (Stage 3 assignment), you will be defining strategic outcomes, analyzing the current hiring process, and defining some essential requirements for the information system to support the hiring process at CIC.
Week 6 Content contains an article Good Practices for Developing User Requirements.
For this week’s discussion, post an initial response with:
1. How an organization can benefit from information regarding its applicants, current and past employees to gain a competitive advantage. (Research will provide specific examples of what some companies have done. Also, in Course Content for Week 5 – Information Management Module – Knowledge Management — introduces MITRE Corporation and its use of Knowledge Management.)
2. Include two specific user requirements (what users should be able to do with the solution) to help achieve those benefits.
Review the “triple constraints” of IT Project Management as covered in this week’s reading “What is Project Management?”, noting there are more than 3 constraints discussed in it. The illustration above from the article shows the author’s interpretation of the “triple constraints”.
Please address these 3 questions:
1. Which of the triple constraints do you think is the most important for the project of implementing an enterprise hiring system for CIC? You should address from a project perspective not the business overall.
2. Explain briefly why you selected that constraint.
3. Discuss how you would ensure that this aspect was well addressed to maximize CIC’s chance for success successful implementation.
This week’s discussion focuses on the benefits, considerations, and risks of adopting a Software as a Service (SaaS) approach.
Review the Week 6 reading SaaS Vendor Selection and then prepare your initial response as follows:
1. List two benefits of the IT Strategy to use a SaaS solution to support the hiring process.
2. Identify three things the CIO and his team should look for as they consider which SaaS vendor to select. Explain what they are, why they are important to CIC’s business.
3. Then, explain what you think is CIC’s biggest risk in outsourcing this IT function, why you selected that risk, and what CIC’s IT department’s key responsibilities are to minimize risk and protect the business as they select and use a SaaS solution.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.