Use the Cluster Analysis and Decision Tree induction algorithm
on a weather forecast problem. It is a binary classification problem to predict whether or not a location will get rain the next day.
Information about the dataset (Weather Forecast Training.csv):
• Location: The location name of the weather station
• MinTemp: The minimum temperature in degrees celsius
• MaxTemp: The maximum temperature in degrees celsius
• Rainfall: The amount of rainfall recorded for the day in mm
• Evaporation: The so-called Class A pan evaporation (mm) in the 24 hours to 9am
• Sunshine: The number of hours of bright sunshine in the day.
• WindGustDir: The direction of the strongest wind gust in the 24 hours to midnight
• WindGustSpeed: The speed (km/h) of the strongest wind gust in the 24 hours to midnight
• WindDir: Direction of the wind
• WindSpeed: Wind speed (km/hr) averaged over 10 minutes
• Humidity: Humidity (percent)
• Pressure: Atmospheric pressure (hpa) reduced to mean sea level
• Cloud: Fraction of sky obscured by cloud This is measured in “oktas”, which are a unit of eigths. It
records how many eigths of the sky are obscured by the cloud. A 0 measure indicates a completely clear sky
whilst an 8 indicates that it is completely overcast.
• Temp: Temperature (degrees C)
• RainTodayBoolean: 1 if precipitation (mm) in the 24 hours to 9 am exceeds 1mm, otherwise 0
• RainTomorrow: The target variable. Did it rain tomorrow?
Organize your report using the following template (with the section breakdown and grading rubrics):
Section 1: Data preparation (30%)
• Discuss the potential data quality issues you identify about the dataset and how you apply various data preprocessing techniques to cope with those issues and perform Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA). Specifically, discuss the type of techniques you carry out in order to prepare the dataset for the machine learning algorithms you use in the next section. Whenever appropriate, enhance your EDA with effective data visualization.
Section 2: Build, tune and evaluate cluster analysis and decision tree models (50%)
• Apply both clustering algorithm (kmeans and HAC) and decision tree induction algorithm to the weather forest training data and construct models. Perform extensive model experiments with hyper-parameters’ tuning. Discuss your choice of hyper-parameters for each algorithm and produce tables summarizing the best performing models and their corresponding model specifications (i.e. the combination of hyper-parameters). Also, explain your choice of model performance evaluation methods and metrics in order to produce unbiased and low variance estimates.
• In your analysis writeup, include the discussion regarding how to repurpose the unsupervised learning algorithms like clustering for classification and how to judge the performance of the algorithms.
• For decision tree induction algorithm model performance evaluation, generate Receiver Operating
Characteristics (ROC) curve and calculate the Area Under Curve (AUC) metric for the identified best performing model. Include a decision tree output visualization and interpret the decision tree model.
• Include a detailed explanation of your modeling process and interpretation of the results in your analysis
writeup (with markdown language) and structure such writeup in an easy-to-follow layout. Please limit the program output only to the most relevant part which is used to support your analysis. An excessive amount of less relevant outputs (e.g. display the whole dataset) in your report is not needed
Section 3: Prediction and interpretation (20%)
• After building the classification models, apply them to the test dataset (Weather Forcast Testing.csv)
provided to predict if each location will rain tomorrow.
•Needed prediction results as a CSV file with four columns (ID, kmeans, HAC, DT) for the
classification results out of the pre-specified machine learning algorithms respectively.
Needed rmarkdown or notebook document together with a knitted report (HTML format) and prediction CSV file.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.