Finance 343 Investments and Portfolio Management
Exam 2 Chapter 5-8
Matching -problem 1- worth 15 points
Place the letter to the matching answer next to the number
1. Market risk a. price reflect available information
2. Firm Specific Risk b. Avoid security analysis
3. Weighted Average of Security Returns c. portfolio expected returns
4. Sharpe d. price changes are unpredictable
5. Beta e. Excess abnormal rate of return
6. Efficient Frontier f. Graph
7. Optimal Risk Portfolio g. Required rate of return; beta
8. Passive Strategy h. Stock Price Volatility
9. Complete Portfolio i. Research Using determinants of values
10. Capital Asset Pricing Model j. Includes all assets
11. Alpha k. Price Research using patterns
12. Random Walk l. Best Combination Of Assets
13. Efficient market Hypothesis m. Systematic Risk
14. Technical Analysis n. Diversification Risk
15. Fundamental Analysis o. Index Model
2. You have been given this probability distribution for the holding-period return for KMP stock:
What is the expected holding-period return for KMP stock?
3. You have been given this probability distribution for the holding-period return for KMP stock:
What is the expected standard deviation for KMP stock?
4. If a portfolio had a return of 18 %, the risk-free asset return was 3%, and the standard deviation of the portfolio’s excess returns was 34%, the risk premium would be _____.
5. You purchase a share of Boeing stock for $90. One year later, after receiving a dividend of $3, you sell the stock for $92. What was your holding-period return?
6. Toyota stock has the following probability distribution of expected prices one year from now:
If you buy Toyota today for $55 and it will pay a dividend during the year of $4 per share, what is your expected holding-period return on Toyota?
7. Your client, Bo Regard, holds a complete portfolio that consists of a portfolio of risky assets (P) and T-Bills. The information below refers to these assets.
Standard Deviationof P 7.20%
T-Bill Rate 3.60%
Propotion of complete Portfolio in P 80%
Propotion of complete Portfolio in T-Bills 20%
Composition of P:
Stock A 40%
Stock B 25%
Stock C 35%
What is the expected return on Bo’s complete portfolio?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.