How to code stored procedures, functions, and triggers
1. Write a script that creates and calls a stored procedure named spInsertCategory. First, code a statement that creates a procedure that adds a new row to the Categories table. To do that, this procedure should have one parameter for the category name.
Code at least two EXEC statements that test this procedure. (Note that this table doesn’t allow duplicate category names.)
2. Write a script that creates and calls a function named fnDiscountPrice that calculates the discount price of an item in the OrderItems table (discount amount subtracted from item price). To do that, this function should accept one parameter for the item ID, and it should return the value of the discount price for that item.
3. Write a script that creates and calls a function named fnItemTotal that calculates the total amount of an item in the OrderItems table (discount price multiplied by quantity). To do that, this function should accept one parameter for the item ID, it should use the DiscountPrice function that you created in exercise 2, and it should return the value of the total for that item.
4. Write a script that creates and calls a stored procedure named spInsertProduct that inserts a row into the Products table. This stored procedure should accept five parameters. One parameter for each of these columns: CategoryID, ProductCode, ProductName, ListPrice, and DiscountPercent.
This stored procedure should set the Description column to an empty string, and it should set the DateAdded column to the current date.
If the value for the ListPrice column is a negative number, the stored procedure should raise an error that indicates that this column doesn’t accept negative numbers. Similarly, the procedure should raise an error if the value for the DiscountPercent column is a negative number.
Code at least two EXEC statements that test this procedure.
5. Write a script that creates and calls a stored procedure named spUpdateProductDiscount that updates the DiscountPercent column in the Products table. This procedure should have one parameter for the product ID and another for the discount percent.
If the value for the DiscountPercent column is a negative number, the stored procedure should raise an error that indicates that the value for this column must be a positive number.
Code at least two EXEC statements that test this procedure.
21 My Guitar Shop exercises.docx Murach’s SQL Server 2012
6. Create a trigger named Products_UPDATE that checks the new value for the DiscountPercent column of the Products table. This trigger should raise an appropriate error if the discount percent is greater than 100 or less than 0.
If the new discount percent is between 0 and 1, this trigger should modify the new discount percent by multiplying it by 100. That way, a discount percent of .2 becomes 20.
Test this trigger with an appropriate UPDATE statement.
7. Create a trigger named Products_INSERT that inserts the current date for the DateAdded column of the Products table if the value for that column is null.
Test this trigger with an appropriate INSERT statement.
8. Create a table named ProductsAudit. This table should have all columns of the Products table, except the Description column. Also, it should have an AuditID column for its primary key, and the DateAdded column should be changed to DateUpdated.
Create a trigger named Products_UPDATE. This trigger should insert the old data about the product into the ProductsAudit table after the row is updated. Then, test this trigger with an appropriate UPDATE statement.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.