Final Case Analysis:
There are several CSV files attached , start with the word document to understand the nature of the data and broad expectations for the final case analysis. You are expected to explore and perform exploratory data analysis and the final analysis.
Data Details: You are given six years of lending data (2012 – 2017) in csv format. The data files are relatively larger than what you have used during this course so far. The size of each file is different and depends upon the number of loans the company issued in a year. It can be noted that the file size are relatively larger 2015 onward, which is when the company went public and started lending more loans. Each file has 31 columns (variables) and the description of each column is provided in the DataDictionary.xls file.
In addition to that, you are also given the states characteristics in a file called states.csv. This file contains demographic information like population size, median income, unemployment rate etc.
Lastly, you are given a regions file called states_regions.csv that contains larger regions and divisions that each state falls in. For example, New Hampshire is in the Northeast region and New England division.
There are three sections to this case: Merging and cleaning (15 points), Data Analysis (60 points), Visualization (25 points) totaling 100 points.
Merging and Cleaning
Stack all six Lending Club files together on top of each other. Now join the states.csv file with the stacked file using state name as the primary key. Finally, merge the state_regions file with the combined file so that you have one large file containing lending club and states geographic and demographic information.
Use the above file to analyze and answer the following questions:
1) Find the distribution of number of loans by state, regions and divisions. Describe in your own words the geographic differences in the number of loans. Also, analyze your results by comparing number of loans per capita. Did you notice any missing states in the Lending Club data? If yes, then find out why.
2) Compare the average amount of loans granted by all states and divisions. Which states and divisions have the highest and lowest average loan amounts?
3) Compare the average interest rate charged and average loan amount by the loan Grade. Do you notice any patterns?
4) Run a frequency distribution of number of loans, average loan amount and average interest rate for each state by year (2012 through 2017). Describe the changing patterns in those numbers.
5) Is there a relationship with the population size of a state and the average loan amount given? Is there a relationship between Grade of loans and median income level in a state?
6) This is an open-ended question where you are asked to share an interesting fact that you found through data analysis. 1)
1) Create a plot of interest rates and Grade or a loan and describe the pattern.
2) Create a map of US states and color code the map with the average amount of loans given.
3) Show visually the relationship between the annual income of the recipient and the loan amount obtained from Lending Club
4) Create a plot that shows the relationship between the length of employment and amount of loan obtained.
5) Create a “regional” map and show an interesting relationship of your liking.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.