Cane Company manufactures two products called Alpha and Beta that sale for $120 and $80 respectively. Each product uses only one type of raw material that costs $6 per pound. The company has the capacity to annually produce 100,000 units of product. Its unit cost for each product at this level of activity are given below:
Direct Materials 30 12
Direct Labor 20 15
Variable Man. Overhead 7 5
Traceable Fixed 16 18
Variable Selling Exp 12 8
Common Fixed Exp 15 10
Total 100 68
The company considers its traceable fixed manufacturing overhead to be avoidable, whereas its common fixed expenses are deemed unavoidable and have been allocated to products based on sales dollars.
1. What is the total amount of traceable fixed manufacturing overhead for the Alpha product line and for the Beta product line?
2. What is the company’s total amount of common fixed expenses? (Alpha & Beta)
3. Assume that Cane expects to produce and sell 80,000 Alphas during the current year. One of Cane’s sales representatives has found a new customer that is willing to buy an additional 10,000 alphas for a price of $80 per unit. If Cane accepts the offer how much will its profit increase or decrease?
4. Same as #3 but produce and sell 90,000; customer willing to buy 5000 for a price of 39 per unit. (Profit In or Decre)
5. Same as #3 but produce and sale 95,000; customer is willing to buy 10,000 for a price of 80 per unit. If Cane accepts the offer it will decrease Alphas sales to regular customers by 5000 units. What is the amount of incremental net operating income if the order is accepted?
6. Assume that Cane normally produces and sells 90,000 Betas per year. If Cane discontinues the Beta products line how much will profits increase or decrease?
7. Same as #6 but produces and sales 40,000 Betas per year? (Inc or Decr)
8. Assume that Cane normally produces and sales 60,000 Betas and 80,000 Alphas per year. If Cane discontinues the Beta product line, its Sales Reps could increase sales of Alpha by 15,000 units. If Cane discontinues the Beta line how much will profits increase or decrease?
9. Assume that Cane expects to produce and sell 80,000 Alphas during the current year. A supplier has offered to manufacture and deliver 80,000 Alphas to Cane for a price of 80 per unit. If Cane buys 80,000 units from the supplier instead of making them how much will profits increase or decrease?
10. Same as #9 but produce and sell 50,000 Alphas; manufacture and deliver 50,000 for a price of 80 per unit. If Cane buys the units instead of making them how much will its profits increase or decrease?
11. How many pounds of raw material are needed to make one unit of Alpha and one unit of Beta?
12. What contribution margin per pound of raw material is earned by Alpha and Beta?
13. Assume that Cane’s customers would buy a maximum of 80,000 units of Alpha and 60,000 of Beta. Also assume that the company’s raw material available for production is limited to 160,000 pounds. How many units of each product should Cane produce to maximize profits?
14. Assume that Cane’s customers would buy a maximum of 80,000 units of Alpha and 60,000 of Beta. Company’s raw material available for production is limited to 160,000 pounds. What is the maximum contribution margin Cane Company can earn given the limited quantity of raw materials?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.