Assignment: Each student will write a 6 to 8-page research paper on a topic that contributes to the study of American history since 1877. The purpose of this assignment is to write a research paper in history that analyzes sources to answer a research question.
1. Thesis statement. Take a clear position and precisely state the argument you will make in your research paper. You must have a thesis statement and defend it with carefully chosen, detailed evidence. The thesis must be clear and contain (in succinct form) the main points you will cover in your paper. The structure and order of the thesis should reflect the structure and order in your paper.
2. Organize your evidence carefully. Each paragraph should have a topic sentence that clearly links back to your thesis. Avoid making historical claims without making sure you provide sufficient evidence to prove your claim. You must use in-text citations per MLA format.
3. Document, document, document. For the research paper, at a minimum, you must use two scholarly, academic, well-researched secondary sources from the timeframe covered in the course that come from offline scholarly, academic printed books and academic journals. You cannot use textbooks (including your course textbook), encyclopedia articles, website articles that are not from an offline published academic journal, juvenile non-fiction books or articles, blogs, chats, or wiki sites (especially Wikipedia) as the two
mandatory sources for your paper. Keep in mind that every borrowed idea or phrase must be documented with in-text citations and a “Works Cited” section using MLA format. The following from the Yale Center for Teaching and Learning provides insight into why you are relying on offline scholarly sources only for this writing assignment: “Internet vs. Print Sources: Some professors will discourage you from using sources you find or access over the Internet. Although such restrictions may be excessive, there are reasons to be wary. It’s much easier to publish information on the Internet than to publish a book or periodical in print. Since it’s easier, Web posters are not always as careful to make sure that the information is accurate. For one thing, print publishing is more expensive, so many print publishers are careful not to make mistakes or to cut corners in case what they publish turns out to be unreliable—and therefore useless. The seeming anonymity of the Internet also encourages some people to write things quickly, without checking to be sure of their facts or their conclusions. Most of us have had the experience of sending by email something we wrote quickly—perhaps when rushed or angry. Often these are things we wouldn’t print, sign, and
mail, because those extra steps give us time to consider our words more carefully, and also because we recognize a higher expectation that things in print should be trustworthy.”
4. State your conclusion. Your conclusion must support your thesis, and should tie into your introduction.
5. Write clearly and concisely. You do not have space to waste words. Make every single sentence count. Use direct quotes sparingly and only when absolutely necessary. Grammar, spelling, and style do count. Use spell-check and grammar check as a minimum.
6. Format properly. Double-space (“0” point) your paper, with one-inch margins, using Times New Roman 12 font in MLA format. Your paper must include in-text citations and a Works Cited page listing the sources you are using. There must be a minimum of 5 and ½ pages of manuscript text plus the Works Cited page.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.