Submit your Major Essay here. Remember it is to be between Four and Eight pages and you must cite sources and provide a references cited page.
Remember, these topics are just SUGGESTIONS. You are more than welcome to explore topics outside these—but first, run your topic through me to be sure that it’s ok. Your essay is to be between FOUR eight pages in length and should have one-inch margins all the way around. Use Times New Roman ora similar font and the 12-point type and remember to cite all sources using MLA 7th edition as your citation guide. Please be sure to read through the “How to Cite” guidelines and if you have any questions, don hesitates to ask. You are required to use a minimum of THREE sources for this essay—one of which must be non-internet. EBooks and digitized articles are considered non-internet for the purposes of this paper. Your textbook IS NOT an acceptable source. Sources such as Wikipedia, answers.com, Encarta, and similar sources ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE SOURCES. Your final draft will be due NO LATER than 11:59 PM, December 4.Nota Bene: Many of these questions are very broad in scope. There is no way you can answer all facets of some of these questions in a mere four to eight pages nor do I want you to. What I want you to do is to zero in on a FEW—often just ONE or TWO—key elements and go into detail on those. State in your introduction something to the effect that you are concentrating on that/those key elements and that you are aware that there is far more to the subject.
1. Discuss the industrialization of the United States following the Civil War through circa 1900: what were some of the more important factors that influenced industrialization and how did they impact that process? Finally, what were some of the positive and what were some of the negative products of industrialization? In your essay, you should consider the role played by industrial tycoons such as Andrew Carnegie as well as labor unions and the labor movement. Also, consider the role played by immigrant labor in industrialization.
2. Describe the development of Plains Indian culture and its destruction. What was it based on? What brought about its end? Cite concrete examples and sources in your answer.
3. Trace the growth of populism in US politics. In what ways do you think the populist movement impacted on future government social and economic policies?
4. Discuss the role played by women in various political and social movements during the later 19th century. In your answer, don’t forget to discuss such issues as women’s suffrage, civil rights, prohibition, populism, and poverty, and concern for the poor.
5. Discuss the role played by immigrants in the development of the United States following the Civil War through 1900. In your answer, take into account political, economic, social, and cultural factors. In your answer, don’t forget to discuss the nativist reaction to the growing number of immigrants entering the United States in the later 19th century. What were some of the reasons given by nativists against immigration and what were some of the tools and methods used by these nativist groups to achieve their goals?
6. Discuss Progressivism and the role of Theodore Roosevelt in the Progressive movement. How did the Progressive movement of the late 19th—early 20th centuries change the nature and perception of the role of government in society? In what ways was Progressivism a moral force? Would you describe Roosevelt and Progressivism as a success or failure? Why or why not? Use specific examples of progressive causes, legislation, or failures to justify your position.
7. Discuss machine politics and urban corruption during the later 19th century. In what ways did the urban machines provide a net benefit or liability for their communities? Support your answer.
8. Examine the birth and growth of US imperialism during the later 19th century culminating in the Spanish-American War. What were some of the goals of those supporting an imperial posture? What were some of the arguments made by those opposed to imperialism? In what ways was US imperialism similar to that practiced by European powers such as Britain, France, and Germany, and non-European powers such as Japan, and how did it differ?
9. Discuss American involvement in the First World War. Why did the US enter the war? How did itcontribute towards Allied victory? What were the legacies of American involvement in the war?
10. Discuss one or two of the major social and cultural changes that took place during the 1920s(entertainment, Prohibition, the role of women, the automobile, increasing urbanization) and how they transformed American society?
11. Discuss American involvement in the Second World War. What were some of the most important actions that involved US forces and why were they important. How did minorities and women contribute towards a successful conclusion of the war?
13. How did Reconstruction affect the African-American struggle for equality? Look at both short-term and long-term in your answer.
14. Discuss the how fear of the Atomic Bomb impacted 1950s society.
15. How did the Vietnam conflict shape American consciousness and identity from the 1960s through1980s?
16. Discuss the Civil Rights movement and its evolution from Selma through the assassination of MartinLuther King Jr.
17. What factors contributed towards McCarthyism and the Red Scare of the 1950s? Don’t forget to look at social and cultural factors as well as political in your essay.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.