Directions: Follow the instructions in each Part below to complete the assignment.
Reminder: All answers must paraphrased (in your own words) and not copy/pasted from the internet. Cite any sources or websites that you used in researching your work. Be sure your response is written in Academic English. If needed, refer to the section on Academic English in Orientation.
Directions: Conduct research and answer each of the following questions.
A. What type of genre is The Illiad?
B. Explain the theories of ‘unitarianism’ and ‘expansion’ as these relate to the authorship of The Illiad.
Part B – Books 1-10
Directions: Answer each of the following questions.
(1) Why are the Greeks and Trojans fighting?
(2) How does Priam (Alexandros) behave in the following situations:
____a. When the Greeks and Trojans met in battle?
____b. When Menalaos accepts his offer?
____c. When he sees Helen?
____d. When Hector shames him?
(3) What kind of person is Paris?
(4) Which gods fight for the Greeks? Which fight for Troy? Why?
(5) Briefly describe Hector’s visit with his wife and child. Why is it hard for him to return to battle? Why does he go?
(6) How do the Greeks try to protect their ships? What is their fear?
(7) Why do the three envoys visit Achilles? What arguments do they present? How does Achilles respond to them?
Part C – Books 11-24
Directions: Answer each of the following questions.
(1) Briefly describe how Agamemnon, Diomedes, and Odysseus become wounded. Who is winning at the end of this day’s battle?
(2) Why does Patroclus want to enter the war? What is Achilles’ reaction?
(3) What is Achilles’ reaction after Patroclus’ death?
(4) Why is it important for Achilles and Agamemnon to reconcile publicly?
(5) What hardships have resulted from Achilles’ anger?
(6) How does the tide of war change after Achilles enters the war?
(7) How does Achilles honor Patroclus and dishonor Hector?
(8) Why do the gods interfere with Achilles’ plans for Hector’s body?
(9) What are the results of Priam’s meeting with Achilles? Why?
(10) The Iliad ends without total victory for the Greeks. Why?
(11) Contrast Hector and Achilles. Which do you like better? Why?
(12) In your opinion, is Achilles any different at the end of the story than he was at the beginning? Explain.
Part D – Greek Gods
Directions: Follow each step below to complete the assignment.
Step 1. Choose the name of a Greek god who appears in the Iliad.
Step 2. Find out as much about the god or goddess as you can.
Step 3. Write a short exposition about the god’s exploits.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.