Lead as a Continuing Population Health Problem
Population Health Paper Instructions/ Choice of Scenarios and Directions
1. Flint, Michigan/Environmental problem: “classic” lead in drinking water case
Your task is to research this problem and write an 8-10-page paper (12 pages maximum), answering in detail ALL the following questions contained in Sections 1-3 which start on page 2.
· Each question must be completely covered in your paper, to qualify for full points.
· Your 8-10-page paper does NOT include your title page or your References page (both required as part of this assignment).
· Your title page is not numbered, but your References page needs to be numbered.
· Your References page is the last page of your research report.
For your Paper, answer these questions in the order they appear below, for each section.
Section 1- Statement of the Problem
1. When and how did the problem actually first start? (Its etiology).
2. When did people start noticing there was an environment-related problem in the community?
3. Why is lead (in whatever form it’s found in your City’s environment) such a health status problem?
4. What can lead do to a child’s metal and physical development or an adult’s maintenance of good health/health status?
5. Why should public health officials and professionals in the town you researched be concerned about this particular environment-related problem from a community health status point of view? What barriers (political, logistical, lack of political will) exist which prevent local professionals from working on the problem(s)?
Section 2- Paper Development
1. Where is the lead-based problem located: are its effects concentrated in certain geographic areas of the city?
2. Describe specific demographic characteristics of the population which has been most affected.
3. What current evidence-based information exists which documents the problem? (name and discuss at least 3 different examples of evidence that the problem exists). What documented health problems have resulted from contamination or disease/illness related to lead-based substances?
4. What has been done about the problem in the area since it was first discovered? Has the same problem reoccurred at any point since the problem was first “fixed”? Describe the role of the EPA and/or any activist local environmental groups/civic groups in and around the city you chose to profile which have weighed in on the issue at that time, or at the present time.
5. Is there another federal or state Agency which could be brought in to help clean up this Community problem or enforce existing anti-pollution/environmental preservation laws to lessen the effect of the problem on affected population groups? Should there be one, if there isn’t already one in existence? Are there private organizations dedicated to keeping Community environments clean, that could be involved? What would it take, generally, to ensure that the health status of the community you’re researching is kept free of identified lead contaminants?
Section 3- Conclusions and Comments.
1. Any conclusions and comments you’d like to include as you sum up your paper.
This is an individual project, not to be done with anyone else in the class. If you copy your work from any other source, including a fellow student in the course, a prior paper you have written for another course, or any other section of any other course at any university, you will receive a zero (0) for the paper and a grade of “F” for the course.
Remember that you are required to use essay format only, with no use of “bullet points” or lists or things you are talking about. In writing, you must start at the top of each page, and indent each paragraph 5 spaces. There are to be 1” margins all around your paper, top, bottom and sides. There is to be no additional space at the top or the bottom of each page. The only Type font permitted is 12, with the required font type as “Times New Roman”.
1. Your paper must use proper citations whenever anything is quoted, or ideas are used from any resource. If you forget to cite your sources, or don’t cite on purpose, that’s plagiarism! The only accepted format for citations is APA. You must use in-text citations in addition to having a “References” page at the end of your 8-page Essay. This References page does not count toward your 8-10 page requirement for your paper.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.