Place the appropriate punctuation in the following sentences.
1. Sgt. Caine the shift supervisor was taken to the hospital by ambulance after being injured in the accident
2. Matthew Mark Luke and John are all named in the Bible
3. Judge Fields the Municipal Court Judge required bond to be posted for domestic violence and criminal damage violations
4. The second and third shifts were required to report to work four hours early for flood duty
5. The Chevy Impala suffered heavy damage from the motor vehicle crash
6. Do you understand what I am telling you
7. Officer Tanner ordered three cheeseburgers two fish sandwiches and a large diet coke for dinner
8. The tall thin man with a baseball hat walked quickly and silently down the street
9. James Miller was hired as a peace officer on June 11 2006 for the Police Department
10. Did you understand that I wanted you to run radar on Main St. Vine St. and in the school zone
Place the quotations marks and punctuation, where appropriate, in the following sentences.
Sentences may contain direct or indirect quotations.
1. I have a gun and I am not afraid to use it if necessary! said the bank robber.
2. Just a minute said Unit 17 I’m just around the corner
3. The loss prevention agent told us we couldn’t leave until the police arrived.
4. I punched him because he called me a moron Jeff blurted out.
5. The witness told the police that he saw the man that assaulted the old lady.
6. The witness said the kid with the red hat stole the beer.
7. Officer Ross yelled freeze!
8. Sgt. Hauser asked me what I was doing on my days off.
9. Sgt. Hauser asked me what are you doing on your days off?
Writing Clearly Worksheet
(Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission, 2012)
Restate the following examples in as clear and direct a fashion as you can. Don’t change the
basic meaning; just sharpen the language.
1. Every morning and every afternoon, the duty officer allows inmates a brief rest period for the purpose of refreshment.
2. The automobile’s maximum speed capacity is reached when the speedometer registers 120 mph.
3. The opinion expressed by the majority of the officers indicated that approval of the union contractual agreement would not be forthcoming.
4. The film is lacking in those pleasurable qualities that would induce high box-office receipts.
5. Your basic attitudes indicate that separation is indeed the only viable solution to the present difficulty of your situation vis-a-vis employment.
6. Officer Johnson’s elevation to a high level of responsibility was accorded with widespread approval.
7. Noxious and troublesome undomesticated growth cluttered the fenced area immediately behind the domicile.
8. The pastry-enclosed fruit was kept so long in contact with a high oven temperature that a charred effect resulted.
Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission. (2012, January 1). Fundamentals of Report Writing 1-7. Peace Officer Basic Training Curriculum, 51-52. Ohio.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.