1. Which of the following statements about cost behavior is true?
A costs item that is classified as “variable” relative to one activity base may be classified as “fixed” relative to another activity base.
The concept of “relevant range” applies to fixed costs but not to variable costs.
As output increases, fixed cost per unit increases.
As output increases, mixed cost per unit increases.
2. Which of the following costs changes in direct proportion to a change in the activity level?
3. The Eola Hills Company has estimated the following cost formulas for overhead:
Cost Formula: Lubricants $2,500 plus $0.50 per machine-hour Utilities $3,000 plus $0.60 per machine-hour Depreciation $1,000 Maintenance $1,200 plus $0.10 per machine-hour Machine setup $ 0.30 per machine-hour
Based on these cost formulas, the total overhead cost expected at an activity level of 500 machine hours is:
4. A product sells for $15 per unit and has variable expenses of $9 per unit. Fixed expenses total $70,000 per month. How many units of the product must be sold each month to yield a monthly profit of $20,000?
5. Which of the following statements about cost-volume-profit analysis is false?
A company selling multiple products should use the contribution margin ratio method to perform CVP analysis.
The break-even point is the sales level at which the total contribution margin is equal to total fixed costs.
An assumption of CVP analysis is that productivity improves over time.
An assumption of CVP analysis is that variable costs are linear.
6. Which of the following would take place if a company were forced to increase its variable cost per unit?
Contribution Margin: Break-even Point:
7. Richard Hamilton has a fast-food franchise and must pay a franchise fee equal to $35,000 plus 3% of gross sales. In terms of cost behavior, the fee is a:
8. Which of the following statements about operating leverage is false?
A change in sales volume will affect a company’s operating leverage.
The degree of operating leverage is highest in companies that have relatively high fixed costs and relatively low variable costs in proportion to total coats.
If a company has an operating leverage of “4,” then a 10% increase in sales will result in a 40% increase in net income.
The net income of a company with a relatively low operating leverage will be more sensitive to changes in sales volume than for a company with a relatively high operating leverage.
9. The following information is available for the Skyway Company for 20X5: Sales $200,000 Variable expenses 140,000 Fixed expenses 40,000 What was Skyway’s contribution-margin ratio for 20X5?
10. Atlanta, Inc., which uses the high-low method to analyze cost behavior, has determined that machine hours best explain the company’s utilities cost. The company’s relevant range of activity varies from a low of 600 machine hours to a high of 1,100 machine hours, with the following data being available for the first six months of the year:
Month Utilities Machine Hours
January `$ 8,700 800
February `8,360 720
March `8,950 810
April `9,360 920
May `9,625 950
June` 9,150 900
The variable utilities cost per machine hour is:
11. Atlanta, Inc., which uses the high-low method to analyze cost behavior, has determined that machine hours best explain the company’s utilities cost. The company’s relevant range of activity varies from a low of 600 machine hours to a high of 1,100 machine hours, with the following data being available for the first six months of the year:
Month Utilities Machine Hours
January $ 8,700 800
February 8,360 720
March 8,950 810
April 9,360 920
May 9,625 950
June 9,150 900
The fixed utilities cost per month is:
12. The following information is available for Forrest Company: Sales price: $90 per unit Variable cost: $35 per unit Fixed cost: $37,500 If the variable cost per unit is increased by $7 and the total fixed cost is increased by $4,500, what will be the new break-even point in units?
13. Fliptop’s indirect materials cost for two recent months was as follows:
Production in Units Indirect Materials Cost
March 1,200 $2,100
October 1,400 $2,300
The cost behavior of indirect materials costs at Fliptop is best classified as:
14. The following data are available for Bendo Co.: Sales: $700,000 Variable cost: 390,000 Fixed cost: 250,000 Bendo’s break-even point in dollars is:
15. Wilson sells a single product for $70 that has a variable cost of $45. Fixed costs at the break-even point amount to $15 per unit. If the company sells one unit in excess of its break-even volume, the bottom-line profit will be:
16. An example of a committed fixed cost is:
property taxes on a factory building.
executive travel expenses.
a training program for salespersons.
research and development for new products.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.